Saturday, April 3, 2010

Why are You Always so Tired?


The other day one of my six year olds (yes that's twins for those keeping score) asked me "Papa, why are you always so tired". I had to explain that while he is sleeping in his bed at night I'm out working. He knows his dad chases bad guys for a living, but still doesn't understand exactly what that means. Cops don't get the luxury of working banker's hours because dirtbags don't end their "workday" and go off the clock at 5:00pm. In fact it seems that many criminals don't even get started until after dark and may not hit their stride until after midnight. That's when I do my best work too. Whether it's recovering several thousand dollars in stolen property on a traffic stop for no license plate light, or taking a car load of ectasy from someone who bears a very strong resemblance to Sideshow Bob, the best arrests seem to happen after midnight. While it's hard working graves and trying to take care of the family I'm happy to be back to work tonight after a nice little vacation. I can't wait to find out who comes out to play after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment